You have embraced the idea of teaching your children to journal by using notebooking templates. You have downloaded hundreds if not thousands of cute, interesting, and important files for them to use during their study and personal learning time. But now what?
Without proper organization, those amazing templates you have purchased and downloaded for your children to use for their schoolwork will be locked and unused on your computer. Even worse, without a plan for organization you will have spent good money only to use up space on your harddrive.
You need a plan to organize your notebooking templates!
Create a master file folder on your computer
In order to locate your notebooking templates easily, it would be wise for you to create a master file to store all of your files. A good master file name would be “Notebooking Templates for School”.
I personally keep this folder on my desktop screen. Why? If I neatly tuck this file in my directory list I tend to forget it it there. If it is right on my desktop screen then I am reminded often that there are cute and interesting templates for the kids to use.
Create a sub folder for each category as you collect and create new templates.
Under your master file folder, you will want to create category folders that make it easy for you to find any template you need. I highly suggest you create lists by subject:
- Character Study
- Famous People
Depending on how organized your like your files, you can choose to go one step further and add files under each of these categories. For instance under the history folder you can create files for ancient history, medieval history, modern history, the civil war, etc.
Create files as you go.
If you are new to notebooking, you will quickly discover that there are thousands of templates available for you to introduce to your children. An easy approach to this kind of journalling is to consider what subject you are studying together in history (for example) and to acquire a handful of templates for your student to choose from as they are learning. Organize these files as you go.
With a little bit of time and effort you can ensure that you will be able to take advantage of all the free templates and great deals that you stumble upon as you search for school supplies and curriculum. With a good system of organization, you will be able to find those resources when your student is ready to use them!
- Notebooking And Journalling: How To Organize Notebooking Templates And Files On Your ComputerApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- Unschooling May Not Be Such A Bad Idea After AllApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- Corporate Computer GamesApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- Use the Pomodoro Technique To Keep Your ADD/ADHD Homeschooler On TrackApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- The Importance of Learning Chinese As a Second LanguageApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized