In a fast-pace society that promotes information through technological channels, culture has become a powerful and creative tool that can be reached through home computers. Instead of exposing children to hours of television watching or computer games, you can use technology to achieve higher educational benefits. Bring your children closer to knowledge by introducing them to e-culture, which is virtually free and can be monitored by parents and teachers. Integrate the following steps to encourage your children to be more engaged:
1. Visit virtual museum collections by introducing your children to websites of key world museums. These are very rich in information and work strongly on visual aids; some have WebPages dedicated to children and e-learning.
2. Enter forums of cultural foundations/organisations within your region so that children can acquire knowledge of cultural activities in their immediate environment. This can open doors for them to participate in activities and workshops and keeps them up-to-date with local projects.
3. Encourage your children to subscribe to reputable agencies that specialise in cultural exchange. Such can include pen-pal sites (under parental permission) which link up children from different countries. This can be axed on language exchange skills for example.
4. Free internet sites that publish world music are excellent media for accustoming children to different musical heritage. Coupled with lyrics this is an effective tool for language acquisition and ear development training opportunities.
5. Try exploring culture with your children through different culinary sites that compile recipes from around the world. Especially interesting sites include information on the origins of cooking techniques, ingredients and ethnic backgrounds to promote international cuisine, while teaching children the value of trying different tastes.
The internet is a powerful educational tool for families and rather economical. It can provide, under supervision, knowledge, entertainment and education for children that do not benefit from the possibility to travel extensively. This can become a catalyst for a child’s future wants, dreams and aspirations to be a true citizen of this earth with a cultivated ‘global heart’.
- How To Impress Employers With Your Online College EducationApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- Why Parents Should Consider Homeschooling Their ChildrenApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- Strategic Issues For A Successful E-CommerceApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- What Is Affiliate Marketing In A Nutshell?Apple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized
- 5 Online Masters Degree Programs for HomemakersApple Education eSocial Gadgets General Networking News Technology Uncategorized